1. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Many of the big retailers often have promotions running that are not advertised on the home page. Doing a quick search for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
2. When a company includes a newsletter, sign up. Often, companies will give sneak peeks, special deals and online coupons to people on their own mailing list. However, be careful. You don't want to sign up for every company's newsletter or you'll soon be buried under endless emails. Only join a company's newsletter in the event you really like their products and services and would use a discount code.
3. Make sure to read all the information about any product you are considering purchasing. Just looking at a picture online can be deceiving sometimes. It will make a product look bigger or smaller than. Make sure to look at the description which means you know exactly what you really are purchasing.
4. When you shop online, it's best to check around to find the best price. Shopping online can make it very easy to find the best price for any items. While shopping around, ensure that you only consider the prices from places where you'd feel comfortable buying from. Even if a value is great, it won't matter if you don't want to order from that place.
5. Before buying coming from a new online retailer, do your homework on them. Check online reviews from other customers to see how it handles stuff like customer service, shipping, and its overall buying experience. You can also check the BBB to see if it has any disputes and whether those disputes were resolved professionally. Try contacting the company via email and phone number, if it's posted to ask questions about its business before you buy anything.