1. If you're considering buying a product online, check out the reviews. The reviews from other people that have used the product will be able to give you a great idea about the product. You might be able to find out the quality of the product, when it worked as described, and if you should have the purchase.
2. Never give out your Social Security number with an online merchant. This number is not required for placing orders online. Giving an online store your Social Security number can help them use your personal and private information to steal your identity. To prevent that, if you go on an online store site and find out that being a requirement, tend not to buy everything from them and shop somewhere else.
3. Before shopping from a store that is unfamiliar with you, learn what the store's reputation is similar to. You can usually do an internet search and find out what others think of the business. It is best to accomplish this so you do not find out the hard way and lose your cash.
4. Find out more about the payment methods available from the online store you are interested in. Most stores supply you with the option to pay with a charge card or with PayPal. Credit cards is a safe option only if the store has a secure server. If you do not see any information about safety, it is best to go through another store.
5. Pay close attention for potential sales online starting as early as Wednesday. Many brick and mortar stores do sales on the weekends, and to compete, many online retailers have moved their sales days up by a few days. You can often find exceptional mid-week bargains with just a little online research.