1. Sign up for the website's newsletter if they have one. Many times stores will give you a reduction or some kind of deal when you sign up for their newsletter. Find out if there is a deal associated with subscribing to the newsletter at any store you need to shop at.
2. When searching for a product online, take the time to read reviews. Try finding the same product on different sites to read as numerous reviews as is possible. Reading many reviews will allow you to get a more general idea of whether or not the item you are interested in meets high standards of quality.
3. A great way to stay safe when shopping online is to prevent clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email from the company, visit the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails asking for personal information or account information.
4. Discover the online store's return policy. Should you be considering making a purchase on an item that you might want to return, ensure you find out if returning the item is definitely an option. Sometimes when you shop online, items cannot be returned and you do not want to be tied to an unwanted item.
5. When shopping online, always try to keep in mind the price of shipping. Many sites offer free shipping on orders over a certain quantity. In the event that you do have to pay shipping, make sure that it is going to fit into your budget after you've added everything in your cart. Using a full cart only to find out you cannot afford the shipping is never a fun experience.