1. When searching for a product online, take the time to read reviews. Try finding the same product on different sites to read as much reviews as possible. Reading many reviews will allow you to get a more general notion of whether or not the product you are interested in meets high standards of quality.
2. Before you make a purchase, compare prices on several websites. Look for special coupons and offers on these websites to make sure you are getting the best deal possible. Also look into exactly what it will cost for the shipping on your items and if there are free delivery options open to you.
3. Be suspicious of overdoing it. It is much easier to overspend if you are shopping online. You begin to rationalize that you can spend more for those shoes because you saved money on gas and the food you would have gotten should you went to the mall, for example. Give yourself a restriction and follow it.
4. A good online shopping tip to remember is to leave feedback after buying from a source you've never bought from before. This will help the both of you because you'll remember whether you've enjoyed a good experience from them, and they can also obtain a reputation being a seller.
5. If you're worried about whether a shopping website is legitimate or not, do some research about it. The internet can be a great way to find out about other people's experiences with assorted sites. If the reviews of others seem promising, consider making a small first order. This can allow you to test out the client service, shipping, and obtain a feel for the business without risking a lot of money.