1. When you're shopping online you need to be sure you are aware who you're buying from. If you're buying on an online auction site, only purchase from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see if they are a reputable company by searching for reviews on them online.
2. Never give out your Social Security number for an online merchant. This number is not required for placing orders online. Giving an online store your Social Security number can help them use your personal and personal information to steal your identity. To prevent that, if you carry on an online store site and see that being a requirement, do not buy anything from them and shop somewhere else.
3. Be wary of the emails you receive, even if they appear to be from a retailer you trust. Never click on a web link that directs you to a site other than usually the one you shopped on. If you do, you may become vulnerable to a gimmick. Rather than clicking on an email hyperlink, just go approximately your browser and type in the web site you would like to go to. It is much safer that way.
4. When shopping online, be sure that the online store offers secure checkout. This will assist protect your individual information from being stolen. To ensure the website is encrypted search for into your web browser's URL box. The web page is secured if the website starts with https. This means hyper transfer protocol secure.
5. Before shopping from a store that is unfamiliar with you, find out what the store's reputation is similar to. You can usually do an internet search and discover what others think of the business. It is best to accomplish this so you do not find out the difficult way and lose your money.