1. Make sure to read all the information about any product you are considering purchasing. Just looking at a picture online can be deceiving sometimes. It will make a product look bigger or smaller than it is. Make sure to browse the description which means you know exactly what you really are purchasing.
2. Find out the online store's return policy. Should you be considering making a purchase on an item that you might want to return, make sure to find out if returning the item is definitely an option. Sometimes when you shop online, items are unable to be returned and you do not want to be saddled with an unwanted item.
3. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Most of the big retailers often have promotions running which are not advertised on their home page. Carrying out a quick search for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
4. Read customer testimonials before you buy anything. People are more than happy to complain about bad service online, so try to find sites and testimonials which can be terrible so you are aware what you're getting into. You ought to take bad reviews using a grain of salt, but if you see many, you know there is a problem.
5. Be wary for any emails you get, even if they appear to be from a retailer you trust. Never click on a hyperlink that directs you to a web site other than the one you shopped on. Should you, you may become vulnerable to a gimmick. Rather than clicking on an email hyperlink, just go approximately your browser and type in the web site you would like to go to. It is actually much safer that way.