1. Never give out your Social Security number with an online merchant. This number is not required for placing orders online. Giving an online store your Social Security number can help them use your personal and personal information to steal your identity. To prevent that, if you go on an online store site and discover that as being a requirement, do not buy anything from them and shop someplace else.
2. Be careful when it comes to the online stores that you consider buying from. If the online store is poorly designed, full of misspellings, and overall fishy, you should take your money elsewhere. These are signs that something might not be right about this store. It's safer to be safe than sorry.
3. Should you be shopping online, never give out your Social Security number. There is no website that requires this number for you to make a purchase. If you are being asked for your Social Security number during checkout, you may be on a scam website. Leave this site and locate one that includes a better reputation.
4. When you are shopping online, you should only shop at reputable stores. If the store does not have a good reputation, you may be seeking trouble. Many people have had their credit card and private information stolen from shopping on under reputable websites. Be careful and protect your private information.
5. Speak with your friends about their favorite online stores. There are millions of sites out there, and there is no way you can find them all yourself. Talk to the people you know to find out who the reputable online retailers are, and where they like to purchase. This will save you a lot of time and energy.