1. An excellent tip to keep in mind when you're thinking about shopping online is to make sure the site is legit. You don't wish to be giving your credit card information away to somebody who could potentially scam you. Always look at the site to tell if it's professional and safe for use.
2. Sign up for your preferred online stores' newsletters. Often times online stores sends out daily, weekly or monthly newsletters with special sales, discounts and deals. If you like to spend less, you could possibly score some great deals on items you were going to purchase anyway.
3. Shop around when shopping online. You might find that prices for certain items can vary greatly from store to store. To be sure you get the best deal, look at various stores to learn their prices, as well as shipping charge. This will allow you to get the best deal you are able to.
4. Transform it into a habit to register for price alerts. This goes even for purchases that you've recently made. Price alerts will let you know when a product has dropped to your price you want. And if you've recently purchased at full price, you can ask for a price adjustment to meet the new deal.
5. Always save copies of your orders and receipts from online purchases. Many stores will redirect you to a page after you've submitted an order detailing everything that was bought, customer information, the prices, etc. You should either print a copy of this or save a duplicate to your computer in case any issues arise before the end of the return period. Make sure to save any emails regarding your items' status or correspondence with the company regarding your orders, too.