1. Read customer testimonials before you buy anything. People are more than happy to complain about bad service online, so search for sites and testimonials which are terrible so you know what you're getting into. You need to take bad reviews using a grain of salt, but if you see many, you know you will find a problem.
2. If you're making an online purchase, don't hesitate to contact customer care if you have an issue. By contacting customer service before making your order, you'll find out how helpful customer service is and just how quickly they respond. This can be useful information to have in the event that something fails after you've made your purchase.
3. An excellent tip to remember when you're thinking about internet shopping is to make certain the site is legit. You don't want to be giving your credit card information away to somebody that could potentially scam you. Always look at the site to tell if it's professional and safe to use.
4. Always remember your financial budget and credit limits when you shop online. The virtual world of online shopping has gotten a lot of people in serious debt. You need to take a look at online shopping in a similar manner you look at offline shopping. Never buy items online that you don't have the cash to pay for.
5. Get engaged in the social media of your favorite online stores. Brands with big online presences typically put a lot of money behind their social media, and this includes offering their followers some mega-discounts and exclusive deals. You may be one of the lucky ones scoring these deals with just a quick follow or fanning.