1. If you're considering buying a product online, check out the reviews. The reviews using their company people that have used the product will be able to give you a great idea about the product. You may be able to find out the standard of the product, when it worked as described, and if you should have the purchase.
2. Be careful in regards to the online stores that you consider buying from. If the online store is poorly designed, packed with misspellings, and overall fishy, you should take your money elsewhere. These are signs that something might not be right about this store. It's safer to be safe than sorry.
3. Before purchasing a product online, find out more about shipping. If you do not find any details about shipping costs, contact the owner to find out if there are additional charges for shipping. If there are several shipping options, choose an affordable and reliable option to make sure you receive your product quickly.
4. In case you have questions while shopping, choose a live chat function on the online store. Many big brands (and even some boutique stores) now have this functionality. It is possible to chat immediately with a customer care representative to repair any issues or answer any questions before buying. That can give you a lot of reassurance.
5. When you are searching for a place to buy an item and none of the results seem to be from familiar retailers, you need to be hesitant about entering your details. Look for security signs from Verisign or Cybertrust, so that you know the retailer is not in the market to take your hard earned money.