1. If you want to buy books online, you'll get a better deal if you get them used. Based on the condition you receive them in, you may just end up paying a few cents plus shipping. Make sure you go through the description of the book to see if there are any damages you should be aware of.
2. Ensure that you're entering your payment details on a safe and secure site. Try to find "https://" within the URL of the site that you're trying to buy something from. If you don't see that or no symbol of any website security, then it's probably a great idea not to trust those people together with your account information.
3. If you are looking at purchasing from a seller for the first time, take a moment to carefully examine their past customer reviews. For the most part this will provide you with an approximate idea of which kind of goods and services you should expect yourself. Anyone who has been rated lowly time and time again needs to be given a large swerve.
4. If you're making an online purchase, don't hesitate to contact customer care if you have a question. By contacting customer service prior to making your order, you'll discover how helpful customer service is and exactly how quickly they respond. This is useful information to have in case something goes wrong after you've made your purchase.
5. Should you shop frequently at a certain website or online store, it may be worth it to sign up for their email updates which usually have promotions and sales. This can translate into savings for you as you may obtain a discount in the item or perhaps free shipping, which can add up to bigger savings if you buy from the site often.