1. Get engaged in the social media of the favorite internet retailers. Brands with big online presences typically put lots of money behind their social media, and this includes offering their followers some mega-discounts and exclusive deals. You may be one of the lucky ones scoring these works with just a quick follow or fanning.
2. When you shop online, use a credit card rather than a debit card. This is because bank cards are based on your credit, not the amount of money inside your bank account. In case a internet hacker gets your banking information, they can completely ruin you within a matter of hours.
3. A great way to stay safe when you shop online is to prevent clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email from a company, proceed to the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails requesting personal information or account information.
4. Turn it into a habit to register for price alerts. It goes even for purchases that you've recently made. Price alerts will let you know whenever a product has dropped to some price you like. And if you've recently purchased at full price, you are able to ask for a price adjustment to fulfill the new deal.
5. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Most of the big retailers often have promotions running that are not advertised on the home page. Performing a quick look for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.