1. Be wary of overdoing it. It is much easier to overspend if you are shopping online. You begin to rationalize that you can spend more for those shoes because you saved money on gas and the food you would have gotten should you went to the mall, as an example. Give yourself a limit and stay with it.
2. A great tip to keep in mind when you're thinking about online shopping is to ensure the site is legit. You don't want to be giving your credit card information away to somebody who could potentially scam you. Always look at the site to tell if it's professional and safe for use.
3. Shop around while shopping online. You may find that prices for certain items can vary greatly from one store to another. To be sure you get the best deal, look at a few different stores to discover their prices, as well as shipping charge. This will allow you to obtain the best deal it is possible to.
4. If you have questions while shopping, look for a live chat function in the online store. Many big brands (and even some boutique stores) now have this functionality. You are able to chat immediately with a customer care representative to correct any issues or answer any questions before buying. That can provide you with a lot of peace of mind.
5. Many online shopping sites offer discounts if you use a "promotion code". These codes are easily found online simply by entering the words "coupon code" along with the manufacturer or name of the website you will be buying from. They could offer a percentage off or free shipping by simply entering in a simple code which can be easily found by investing a few minutes searching for it.