1. While shopping online, use a credit card rather than a debit card. This is because bank cards are based on your credit, not the amount of money inside your bank account. In case a internet hacker gets your banking information, they can completely ruin you within a matter of hours.
2. Make sure that when you buy something online, you are aware of in the event the site is secure or not. You do not want your information being compromised in nowadays. Identity theft is quite common, and you also must protect your information at all cost so that you wish to keep making purchases online.
3. Before buying coming from a new online retailer, do some research on them. Check online reviews from other customers to see how it handles stuff like customer service, shipping, and its overall buying experience. You can also check the BBB to determine if it has any disputes and whether those disputes were resolved professionally. Try contacting the company via email and phone number, if it's posted to ask questions regarding its business before you buy anything.
4. When shopping for a product online, take the time to read reviews. Try finding the same product on different sites to read as many reviews as possible. Reading many reviews will allow you to get a more general notion of whether or not the item you are interested in meets high standards of quality.
5. To guard yourself use a credit card when you shop online. The federal government has passed laws to protect consumers in the event of fraud. The amount the consumer is responsible for is a mere $50.00 as compared to atm cards where the entire balance may be withdrawn by internet hackers.