1. When shopping online, use a credit card as opposed to a debit card. This is because charge cards are based on your credit, not the amount of money in your bank account. If a internet hacker gets your banking information, they can completely ruin you within a matter of hours.
2. When getting things shipped to your home which you bought online, know your consumer rights regarding time tables and condition of merchandise. You have a straight to receive items according to the terms stated whenever you ordered them and reasonable expectations of goods being undamaged. Consult with the BBB for exact specifics and get what's arriving at you fairly!
3. Search for coupons before purchasing a product online. Most online stores also have some promotional offers taking place. If you do not find any information regarding current offers on the site of the online store, look on other sites. Customers sometimes share their online coupons on discussion boards or couponning blogs.
4. Never give out your Social Security number with an online merchant. This number is not required for placing orders online. Giving an online store your Social Security number can help them use your personal and private information to steal your identity. To prevent that, if you continue an online store site and discover that as a requirement, tend not to buy anything from them and shop somewhere else.
5. If you're making an online purchase, don't hesitate to contact customer care if you have a matter. By contacting customer service prior to making your order, you'll learn how helpful customer service is and how quickly they respond. This can be useful information to have when something goes wrong after you've made your purchase.