1. If you want to buy books online, you'll get yourself a better deal if you get them used. Based on the condition you get them in, you may just end up paying a few cents plus shipping. Make sure you read the description of the book to see if you can find any damages you should be aware of.
2. Be careful where you submit your charge card information. If you are shopping online, always use secure sites. These are sites that have taken steps to safeguard your valuable information. A secured website will begin with HTTPS as opposed to the standard HTTP. There may also be a locked icon, in both your address or status bar, according to which browser you use.
3. A great way to stay safe while shopping online is to avoid clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email from a company, proceed to the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails seeking personal information or account information.
4. When shopping online, always try to keep in mind the buying price of shipping. Many sites offer free shipping on orders over a certain quantity. In the event that you do have to pay shipping, make sure that it is going to match your budget after you've added everything in your cart. Having a full cart only to find out you are unable to afford the shipping is never an enjoyable experience.
5. When you are shopping on the web, you should only shop at reputable stores. If the store does not have a good reputation, you may be seeking trouble. Many people have had their credit card and private information stolen from shopping on lower than reputable websites. Be careful and protect your private information.