1. Never give out your Social Security number for an online merchant. This number is not required for placing orders online. Giving an online store your Social Security number can help them use your personal and private information to steal your identity. To prevent that, if you go on an online store site and find out that being a requirement, usually do not buy anything from them and shop somewhere else.
2. Always remember your budget and credit limits when you shop online. The virtual realm of online shopping has got a lot of people in serious debt. You need to look at online shopping in the same manner you look at offline shopping. Never buy items online that you don't have the cash to pay for.
3. When shopping online, choose the best shipping policy. Many times companies offer expedited shipping. However, often times getting the product one day earlier can cost you as much as twice the normal shipping price. Therefore, if you can wait on the product to arrive using normal shipping instead of expedited shipping, choose standard shipping to save money.
4. If you find an excellent product on your own favorite site, search for it in the search engines before you buy it. Make note of the model number or brand, and do a quick search to successfully can't get it cheaper from somewhere else. You might be able to save a few dollars this way.
5. Sign up for the website's newsletter if they have one. Many times stores will give you a price reduction or some form of deal once you sign up for their newsletter. Determine whether there is a deal associated with subscribing to the newsletter at any store you need to shop at.