1. Many online shopping sites offer discounts if you use a "promotion code". These codes are often found online by entering the words "coupon code" along with the manufacturer or name of the website you will be buying from. They might offer a percentage off or free shipping by simply entering in a simple code which can be easily found by investing a few minutes searching for it.
2. When shopping online, always try to keep in mind the price of shipping. Many sites offer free shipping on purchases over a certain quantity. In the event that you have to pay shipping, make sure that it is going to squeeze into your budget after you've added everything to your cart. Using a full cart only to find out you cannot afford the shipping is never a fun experience.
3. Ensure that when you buy something online, you are aware of if the site is secure or not. You may not want your information being compromised in this day and age. Identity theft is fairly common, and also you must protect your information in any way cost so that you will wish to keep making purchases online.
4. If you're purchasing clothes or shoes online, be careful with all the sizing. Some items typically run smaller or larger than normal. Some shopping sites will advertise if an item runs true to size. If the site doesn't list anything about sizing, glance at the reviews. In most cases, if an item is running larger or smaller, the reviewers will let you know.
5. Before shopping from a store that is unfamiliar with you, find out what the store's reputation is like. You can usually do an internet search and find out what others think of the business. It is best to accomplish this so you may not find out the tough way and lose your hard earned money.