1. When shopping online, always try to keep in mind the price of shipping. Many sites offer free shipping on purchases over a certain amount. In the event that you have to pay shipping, make sure that it is going to squeeze into your budget after you've added everything for your cart. Using a full cart only to find out you can not afford the shipping is never an exciting experience.
2. Do not forget to comparison shop when you are looking for things online. People usually do this when shopping in physical stores, but they don't think about it on the net. If you go for the first sale you see, you will find a chance you will miss out on a better deal somewhere else.
3. A great way to stay safe while shopping online is in order to avoid clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email from the company, go to the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails asking for personal information or account information.
4. Before buying coming from a new online retailer, do your homework on them. Check online reviews from other customers to see the actual way it handles things like customer service, shipping, and its overall buying experience. You can also look at the BBB to see if it has any disputes and whether those disputes were resolved professionally. Try contacting the company via email and phone number, if it's posted to ask questions about its business before you buy anything.
5. Pay close attention for potential sales online starting as soon as Wednesday. Many brick and mortar stores do sales on the weekends, and to compete, many online retailers have moved their sales days up by a couple of days. You can often find exceptional mid-week bargains with just a little online research.