1. When shopping online, it's best to check around to find the best price. Shopping online will make it very easy to get the best price for virtually any items. While shopping around, ensure that you only consider the prices from places where you'd feel at ease buying from. Even if a cost is great, it won't matter if you don't want to order from that place.
2. Do not spend too much money on shipping. Shipping charges can really add up. Many sites offer free shipping, free shipping once you spend a certain amount, or have a coupon code that lets you get free delivery. Instead of paying your hard earned cash on shipping, look for a store that ships for free.
3. If you like an online store, join their email distribution list. You will probably receive some coupons and information about deals inside your mailbox. Check these emails regularly to stay up to date with discounted prices and promotional offers. Most online stores often offer free freight or discounts on certain products.
4. Sign up for the website's newsletter if they have one. Many times stores will give you a reduction or some type of deal when you sign up for their newsletter. Determine whether there is a deal associated with subscribing to the newsletter at any store you would like to shop at.
5. Never give out your Social Security number to an online merchant. This number is not required for placing orders online. Giving an online store your Social Security number can help them use your personal and private information to steal your identity. To prevent that, if you carry on an online store site and find out that being a requirement, usually do not buy anything from them and shop someplace else.