1. A fantastic tip to keep in mind when you're thinking about online shopping is to ensure the site is legit. You don't desire to be giving your credit card information away to somebody who could potentially scam you. Always look at the site to tell if it's professional and safe for use.
2. Always save copies of your orders and receipts from online purchases. Many stores will redirect one to a page after you've submitted an order detailing exactly what was bought, customer information, the prices, etc. You should either print a duplicate of this or save a duplicate to your computer in case any issues arise before the end of the return period. Be sure to save any emails regarding your items' status or correspondence with the company regarding your orders, too.
3. Get familiar with the shipping facts of an online retailer. Their shipping policy should be outlined in a separate section to describe the average time you should get your items, geographic restrictions, shipping choices, possible shipping insurance, and what their handling and shipping fees are. Use all of this information to decide if these costs and options fit well for you personally, your budget, as well as your area before you place an order.
4. Never give out your Social Security number to an online merchant. This number is not required for placing orders online. Giving an online store your Social Security number can help them use your personal and private information to steal your identity. To prevent that, if you go on an online store site and discover that being a requirement, tend not to buy everything from them and shop someplace else.
5. If you like a web-based store, subscribe to their email distribution list. You will probably receive some coupons and information about deals within your mailbox. Check these emails regularly to keep up to date with discounted prices and promotional offers. Most online stores often offer free delivery or discounts on certain products.