1. Find out the online store's return policy. In case you are considering building a purchase on an item that you may want to return, ensure you find out if returning the item is definitely an option. Sometimes when you shop online, items can not be returned and you do not want to be stuck with an unwanted item.
2. Never give out your Social Security number for an online merchant. This number is not required for placing orders online. Giving an online store your Social Security number can help them use your personal and personal data to steal your identity. To prevent that, if you continue an online store site and see that as being a requirement, usually do not buy everything from them and shop elsewhere.
3. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Many of the big retailers often have promotions running that are not advertised on the home page. Doing a quick search for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
4. Online shopping is a great way to find items that are out of stock at your local store. For example, if you are unable to find a certain size of jeans at the store close to you, you can look on the store's website and discover if they are accessible to be shipped to you.
5. If you are shopping online, never give out your Social Security number. There is no website that requires this number for you to buy something. If you are being asked for your Social Security number during checkout, perhaps you are on a scam website. Leave this site and find one which has a better reputation.