1. A good online shopping tip to remember is always to leave feedback after buying from a source you've never bought from before. This will help the both of you because you'll remember whether or not you've experienced a good experience from them, and they will also acquire a reputation being a seller.
2. When shopping online, choose the best shipping policy. Often companies offer expedited shipping. However, often times getting the product one day earlier can cost you as much as twice the normal shipping price. Therefore, if you can wait on the product to arrive using normal shipping instead of expedited shipping, choose standard shipping to save money.
3. When shopping online, always try to keep in mind the cost of shipping. Many sites offer free shipping on purchases over a specific amount. In the event that you have to pay shipping, make sure that it is going to squeeze into your budget after you've added everything in your cart. Possessing a full cart only to find out you can not afford the shipping is never an exciting experience.
4. When you are searching for a spot to buy an item and no results appear to be from familiar retailers, you should be hesitant about entering your details. Look for security signs from Verisign or Cybertrust, so that you know the retailer is not in the market to take your hard earned money.
5. When you find yourself making a purchase online, make sure that you use credit cards to pay for the transaction. Credit card users are protected against fraud by federal law and are only responsible for $50 in these cases. Some card agencies will even go so far regarding wave the $50 for you, meaning that you will not be out of pocket.