1. When you are shopping online, make sure that you are merely shopping on secure websites. Look in the web site URL and it also should display "https" rather than the usual "http" at the beginning. Always have an up to date copy of anti-virus running on your computer too. This will make sure that you have a safe online shopping experience.
2. After you have found the items you want, check to see if there are any coupons offered. There are many websites that offer coupons. These coupons can be a certain percent off, a certain dollar amount off or free shipping. Many times several coupons are available. If this is the situation, choose the one that will save you as much as possible.
3. Be careful which sites you patronize. It is difficult to know which are on the up and up and which can be not, but there are a few clues. If the address does not sound right or the design seems off, go to a different site. In addition, if a bunch of pop-up windows begin appearing, close them out and move on.
4. Prior to making a purchase, make a price comparison on several websites. Look for special coupons and offers on these websites to ensure that you are getting the best deal possible. Also look into exactly what it will cost for your shipping on the items and in case there are free freight options open to you.
5. When shopping online, always try to keep in mind the price of shipping. Many sites offer free shipping on purchases over a specific amount. In the event that you have to pay shipping, make sure that it is going to match your budget after you've added everything in your cart. Using a full cart only to find out you cannot afford the shipping is never a fun experience.