1. If you are making a purchase online, make sure that you use a credit card to pay for the transaction. Charge card users are protected against fraud by federal law and therefore are only responsible for $50 in these cases. Some card agencies will even go so far as to wave the $50 for you, which means that you will not be out of pocket.
2. If you want to buy books online, you'll obtain a better deal if you get them used. Dependant upon the condition you receive them in, you may just end up paying a few cents plus shipping. Make sure you go through the description of the book to see if you can find any damages you should be aware of.
3. If you're making an online purchase, don't hesitate to contact customer care if you have an issue. By contacting customer service before making your order, you'll learn how helpful customer care is and how quickly they respond. This is useful information to have when something goes wrong after you've made your purchase.
4. Call the internet company prior to making a purchase. For those who have some kind of problem with your purchase, you want in order to know that you can reach customer support easily. That's why it's a good idea to call before you provide them with your credit card information. If you can't get anyone on the telephone, steer clear.
5. Find out more about the payment methods available from the online store you are interested in. Most stores supply you with the option to pay with a charge card or with PayPal. A credit card is a safe option only if the store includes a secure server. If you do not see any information about safety, it is best to go through another store.