1. Make it a habit to register for price alerts. It goes even for purchases that you've recently made. Price alerts will let you know when a product has dropped to your price you prefer. And if you've recently purchased at full price, you can ask for a price adjustment to fulfill the new deal.
2. In case you are shopping online, never give out your Social Security number. There is absolutely no website that needs this number for you to make a purchase. If you are being asked for your Social Security number during checkout, you are probably on a scam website. Leave this site and locate one which has a better reputation.
3. Before investing in a product online, find out more about shipping. If you do not find any information regarding shipping costs, contact the vendor to find out if there are additional charges for shipping. If there are several shipping options, choose an affordable and reliable option to make sure you receive your product quickly.
4. Online shopping is a great way to find items that are out of stock at your local store. For example, if you are unable to find a certain size of jeans at the store close to you, you can look on the store's website and learn if they are available to be shipped to you.
5. When searching out the best price for any big ticket item, make sure you check the store reviews to determine if other customers enjoyed a good knowledge about them. It is also a good idea to check with the Better Business Bureau as well. You want to be sure that the business is legitimate and values you as a client.