1. In case you are shopping online, never give out your Social Security number. There is absolutely no website that really needs this number for you to buy something. If you are being asked for your Social Security number during checkout, you may be on a scam website. Leave this site and discover one that includes a better reputation.
2. Be extra careful when you look for shopping deals on social media. Although it's a great way to get announcements regarding sales and coupon-codes, social media marketing accounts can be easily impersonated or even out-right hacked. Get your info on the social networking sites, then proceed directly to the main site in the store mentioned to wheel and deal.
3. Learn the online store's return policy. In case you are considering building a purchase on an item that you might want to return, be sure you find out if returning the item is an option. Sometimes when you shop online, items cannot be returned and you may not want to be tied to an unwanted item.
4. Sign up for the website's newsletter if they have one. Many times stores will give you a discount or some kind of deal once you sign up for their newsletter. Determine whether there is a deal associated with signing up for the newsletter at any store you would like to shop at.
5. Get engaged in the social media of your favorite online stores. Brands with big online presences typically put lots of money behind their social media, and this includes offering their followers some mega-discounts and exclusive deals. You may be one of the lucky ones scoring these handles just a quick follow or fanning.