1. When shopping online, most places only accept debit or credit cards. Take this into account when you are selecting a site to purchase from. Should you don't feel at ease providing the company with your credit card information, look for another site. Try to find a site that offers a safe and secure page when you're adding your credit card information.
2. Before making a purchase, compare costs on several websites. Look for special coupons and offers on these websites to ensure that you are getting the best deal possible. Also look into what it will cost for that shipping on the items and in case there are free delivery options open to you.
3. If you find an excellent product on your favorite site, search for it in a search engine before you buy it. Make note of the model number or brand, and do a quick search to ensure that you can't have it cheaper from somewhere else. You might be able to save a few dollars that way.
4. In case a company features a newsletter, sign up. Often, companies will give sneak peeks, special deals and coupon codes to people on their mailing list. However, be careful. You don't want to sign up for every company's newsletter or you'll soon be buried under endless emails. Only join a company's newsletter in the event you really like their goods and would use a coupon code.
5. When shopping online, you have to be extra careful if you are using your cellphone to purchase online. Using a public Wi-Fi can leave your personal susceptible to hackers. Attempt to only use your secured network when shopping online using a cellphone and never utilize a public Wi-Fi hot spot to shop.