1. A great way to stay safe while shopping online is to avoid clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email from a company, proceed to the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails requesting personal information or account information.
2. To guard yourself use a credit card while shopping online. The federal government has passed laws to protect consumers in the event of fraud. The amount the buyer is responsible for is a mere $50.00 as compared to atm cards where the entire balance can be withdrawn by internet hackers.
3. If you find a great product on your favorite site, search for it in the search engines before you buy it. Make note of the model number or brand, and do a quick search to successfully can't get it cheaper from somewhere else. You might be able to save a few dollars like that.
4. Check out coupon sites. Whatever you want to buy may have coupons or discount codes. Before you purchase something, ensure that you have the ability to require a few seconds and do a quick search. You might even wish to bookmark some coupon sites to have ready when you buy.
5. When shopping online, choose the best shipping policy. Often companies offer expedited shipping. However, often getting the product one day earlier can cost you as much as twice the normal shipping price. Therefore, if you can wait on the product to arrive using normal shipping instead of expedited shipping, choose standard shipping to save money.