1. A great way to stay safe when you shop online is to prevent clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email coming from a company, proceed to the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails seeking personal information or account information.
2. Make sure to read all the information about any product you are considering purchasing. Just looking in a picture online can be deceiving sometimes. It will make a product look bigger or smaller than. Make sure to read the description so that you know exactly what you are actually purchasing.
3. While shopping online, it is crucial that you spend a little time looking into the site that you are considering buying from. You can find information about the site from other sites and the Better Business Bureau. Not researching them can lead to you having the products you probably did not order or getting billed greater than you should have.
4. Do not spend too much money on shipping. Shipping charges can actually add up. Many sites offer free shipping, free shipping once you spend a certain amount, or use a coupon code that lets you get free shipping. Instead of paying your hard earned cash on shipping, look for a store that ships for free.
5. When you are making any purchases online and you are required to produce a user account, never utilize the same passwords that you use on other websites. Do not use your e-mail or banking password to make an account to buy shoes from a web retailer. If a person was able to see this password, they might have access to more than simply your profile on the retailer's store.