1. When you are online shopping, make sure that you are merely shopping on secure websites. Look in the web site URL plus it should display "https" rather than the usual "http" at the beginning. Also have an up to date copy of anti-virus running on your computer too. This will make certain you have a safe online shopping experience.
2. Before buying from the new online retailer, do some research on them. Check online reviews from other customers to see the actual way it handles stuff like customer service, shipping, and its overall buying experience. You can also look at the BBB to find out if it has any disputes and whether those disputes were resolved professionally. Try contacting the company via email and phone number, if it's posted to ask questions about its business before you buy anything.
3. When shopping online, choose the best shipping policy. Many times companies offer expedited shipping. However, often getting the product one day earlier can cost you as much as twice the normal shipping price. Therefore, if you can wait on the product to arrive using normal shipping instead of expedited shipping, choose standard shipping to save money.
4. Do not forget to comparison shop when you are looking for things online. People usually accomplish this when shopping in physical stores, but they don't think about it on the web. If you go for the first sale you see, you will find a chance you may miss out on a much better deal someplace else.
5. If you're worried about whether a shopping site is legitimate or otherwise, do some research about this. The internet can be a great way to discover other people's experiences with different sites. In the event the reviews of others seem promising, consider making a small first order. This can allow you to test out the customer service, shipping, and gain a feel for the company without risking a lot of money.