1. Learn the online store's return policy. In case you are considering making a purchase on an item that you might want to return, be sure you find out if returning the item is an option. Sometimes when you shop online, items can not be returned and you do not want to be saddled with an unwanted item.
2. A good online shopping tip to remember is always to leave feedback after buying from a source you've never bought from before. This will help the both of you because you'll remember whether or not you've had a good experience from them, and they can also acquire a reputation as a seller.
3. In the event you shop frequently at a certain website or online store, it might be worth it to sign up for their email updates which normally have promotions and sales. This can lead to savings for you as you may get a discount around the item or even free shipping, which could add up to bigger savings if you purchase from the site often.
4. Take the time to browse through different online stores to compare and contrast the products offered. Unless you have your mind set on a specific brand, you should take the time to compare different products. Select one with all the features you need and compare prices too. Visit your favorite online stores often since new releases become available on a regular basis.
5. Sign up for your chosen online stores' newsletters. Many times online stores sends out daily, weekly or monthly newsletters with special sales, discounts and deals. If you like to save cash, you might be able to score some terrific deals on items you were going to purchase anyway.