1. Call the internet company before making a purchase. In case you have some kind of downside to your purchase, you want in order to know that one could reach customer service easily. That's why it's a good idea to call before you provide them with your credit card information. If you can't get anyone on the phone, steer clear.
2. Search for coupons before purchasing a product online. Most online stores usually have some promotional offers taking place. If you do not find any information about current offers on the site in the online store, look on other sites. Customers sometimes share their discount codes on message boards or couponning blogs.
3. Transform it into a habit to register for price alerts. It goes even for purchases that you've recently made. Price alerts will let you know when a product has dropped to your price you like. And if you've recently purchased at full price, you can ask for a price adjustment to satisfy the new deal.
4. If you feel that you will be making a lot of online purchases down the road, consider obtaining a separate bank card to use simply for these transactions. It is much easier to track all transactions when they are the only items listed about this card's transaction records. Additionally, you don't need to worry about your own funds being compromised, even temporarily, if you are a victim of fraud.
5. If you find an excellent product on your favorite site, search for it in a search engine before you buy it. Make note of the model number or brand, and do a quick search to ensure that you can't have it cheaper from somewhere else. You might be able to save a few dollars this way.