1. When searching for a product online, take the time to read reviews. Try finding the same product on different sites to read as many reviews as you can. Reading many reviews will allow you to get a more general idea of whether or not the item you are interested in meets high standards of quality.
2. If you're purchasing clothes or shoes online, be careful with all the sizing. Some items typically run smaller or greater than normal. Some shopping sites will advertise if an item runs true to size. If the site doesn't list anything about sizing, glance at the reviews. In most cases, if an item is running larger or smaller, the reviewers will let you know.
3. When you are online shopping, make sure that you are just shopping on secure websites. Look in the web site URL and it should display "https" instead of the usual "http" at the beginning. Also have an up to date copy of anti-virus running on your computer as well. This will make sure that you have a safe online shopping experience.
4. If you are intending to be shopping on the web, make sure that you get it done from a computer connection you know is secure, like the one which you have at home. Hackers look for WI-Fi connections in public places while they are scouting for victims, so avoid shopping when using them.
5. Learn the online store's return policy. Should you be considering making a purchase on an item that you may want to return, make sure to find out if returning the item is surely an option. Sometimes when you shop online, items can not be returned and you do not want to be saddled with an unwanted item.