1. Be wary for any emails you receive, even if they appear to be coming from a retailer you trust. Never click on a link that directs you to a website other than usually the one you shopped on. Should you, you may become vulnerable to a gimmick. Rather than simply clicking an email hyperlink, just go as much as your browser and enter the web site you would like to go to. It is much safer that way.
2. When searching out the best price to get a big ticket item, make sure you check the store reviews to see if other customers enjoyed a good knowledge of them. Additionally it is a good idea to check with the Better Business Bureau as well. You want to make sure that the business is legitimate and values you as a client.
3. When shopping for a product online, take the time to read reviews. Try finding the same product on different sites to read as numerous reviews as possible. Reading many reviews will allow you to get a more general idea of whether or not the item you are interested in meets high standards of quality.
4. Sign up for your chosen online stores' newsletters. Many times online stores will send out daily, weekly or monthly newsletters with special sales, discounts and deals. If you like to save money, you might be able to score some terrific deals on items you were going to purchase anyway.
5. When you're shopping online you should be sure you know who you're buying from. If you're buying with an online auction site, only order from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see when they are a reputable company by searching for reviews on them online.