1. While shopping online, be certain the site you are on begins with "https". The "S" implies that the site is secure, which entails that one could safely enter your personal information without having to be worried about identity theft. If a site lacks the "S" in it, you may want to avoid using it.
2. Although it may seem tedious, make sure you read the contract and terms before you purchase in a website. These documents have valuable information on what you can and cannot do when you have a concern with the item that you bought. Read them thoroughly so that you do not have an unwelcome surprise when trying to return items.
3. When looking for a product online, take the time to read reviews. Try finding the same product on different sites to read as much reviews as possible. Reading many reviews can help you get a more general idea of whether or not the merchandise you are interested in meets high standards of quality.
4. If you want to buy books online, you'll obtain a better deal if you get them used. Based on the condition you get them in, you may just end up paying a few cents plus shipping. Make sure you read the description of the book to see if there are any damages you should be aware of.
5. Read customer testimonials before you buy anything. People are more than happy to complain about bad service online, so try to find sites and testimonials which are terrible so you know what you're getting into. You need to take bad reviews with a grain of salt, but if you see many, you know there exists a problem.