1. Look for the right times to shop online. Often the stores that you frequent will have online sales that follow a time pattern. Many, for instance, schedule sales for the beginning of the month or at the end. If you see there's a pattern, hold off on buying anything until the upcoming sales period begins.
2. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Most of the big retailers often have promotions running which are not advertised on their own home page. Performing a quick search for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
3. When shopping for a product online, take the time to read reviews. Try finding the same product on different sites to read as many reviews as possible. Reading many reviews will help you get a more general notion of whether or not the product you are interested in meets high standards of quality.
4. Never give out your Social Security number to an online merchant. This number is not required for placing orders online. Giving an online store your Social Security number can help them use your personal and personal data to steal your identity. To prevent that, if you continue an online store site and find out that being a requirement, tend not to buy everything from them and shop somewhere else.
5. Learn more about the payment methods offered by the online store you are interested in. Most stores provide you with the option to pay with a credit card or with PayPal. Credit cards is a safe option only when the store has a secure server. If you do not see any details about safety, it is advisable to go through a different store.