1. If you are planning to be shopping online, make sure that you get it done from a computer connection you know is secure, like one that you have in the home. Hackers look for WI-Fi connections in public places when they are scouting for victims, so avoid shopping when using them.
2. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Most of the big retailers often have promotions running which are not advertised on their own home page. Doing a quick hunt for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
3. If you're purchasing clothes or shoes online, be careful with the sizing. Some items typically run smaller or larger than normal. Some shopping sites will advertise if an item runs true to size. If the site doesn't list anything about sizing, glance at the reviews. In most cases, if the item is running larger or smaller, the reviewers will let you know.
4. Be aware of the dangers of shopping online with your mobile device. Although it's convenient for a number of reasons, it does put your personal information at an elevated risk for eavesdropping. Public wi-fi and abbreviated URLs are much easier to get around than conventional computing from home, so save your shopping fix for your safest conditions.
5. Ensure that when you buy something online, you are aware of if the site is secure or not. You may not want your information being compromised in nowadays. Identity theft is very common, and also you must protect your information in any way cost so you wish to keep making purchases online.