1. Always save copies of your orders and receipts from online purchases. Many stores will redirect you to definitely a page after you've submitted an order detailing exactly what was bought, customer information, the prices, etc. You should either print a duplicate of this or save a duplicate to your computer in case any issues arise before the end of the return period. Ensure that you save any emails regarding your items' status or correspondence with the company regarding your orders, too.
2. If you want to spend less on the products you get online and want to make internet shopping more fun, consider auction sites. You will get some good deals if you place your bids in the right moment and have some fun while browsing through auctions. Learn more about bidding strategies before getting started.
3. If you are shopping online, never give out your Social Security number. There is absolutely no website that needs this number for you to make a purchase. If you are being asked for your Social Security number during checkout, perhaps you are on a scam website. Leave this site and find one which has a better reputation.
4. After you have found the items you desire, check to see if there are any coupons offered. There are many websites that offer coupons. These coupons can be a certain percent off, a certain dollar amount off or free delivery. Many times several coupons are available. If this is the situation, choose the one that will save you the most money.
5. Make sure to read all the information about any product you are considering purchasing. Just looking in a picture online can be deceiving sometimes. It will make a product look bigger or smaller than it is. Make sure to look at the description which means you know exactly what you are actually purchasing.