1. When shopping online, choose the best shipping policy. Often times companies offer expedited shipping. However, many times getting the product one day earlier can cost you as much as twice the normal shipping price. Therefore, if you can wait on the product to arrive using normal shipping instead of expedited shipping, choose standard shipping to save money.
2. To help protect your credit, use only one credit card for online purchases. This will help you quickly track your spending habits when the credit card statement comes in the mail. If you notice any charges which you did not make, call the credit card company immediately and report it to them.
3. Always save copies of your orders and receipts from online purchases. Many stores will redirect you to a page after you've submitted your order detailing exactly what was bought, customer information, the prices, etc. You should either print a copy of this or save a duplicate to your computer in case any issues arise before the end of the return period. Be sure to save any emails about your items' status or correspondence with the company regarding your orders, too.
4. If you are searching for the best coupons, consider registering for the newsletters of the stores that you love the most. Often stores give their best coupons and discounts to those that have signed up the first time. And they'll continue to provide great deals to those that have shown big desire for the brand, therefore the signup can lead to some phenomenal savings.
5. When you are searching for a spot to buy an item and no results appear to be from familiar retailers, you should be hesitant about entering your details. Look for security signs from Verisign or Cybertrust, so that you know the retailer is not out to take your money.