1. If you're considering buying a product online, look into the reviews. The reviews from other people that have used the product can give you a great idea about the product. You could possibly find out the standard of the product, if this worked as described, and if you should make the purchase.
2. Before shopping from a store that is unfamiliar with you, discover what the store's reputation is much like. You can usually do an internet search and find out what others think of the business. It is best to accomplish this so you do not find out the difficult way and lose your money.
3. Make it a habit to register for price alerts. This goes for purchases that you've recently made. Price alerts will let you know when a product has dropped to a price you like. And if you've recently purchased at full price, you can ask for a price adjustment to meet the new deal.
4. When you are shopping online, make sure that you are only shopping on secure websites. Look in the website URL and it should display "https" rather than the usual "http" at the beginning. Always have an up to date copy of anti-virus running on your computer also. This will ensure that you have a safe online shopping experience.
5. If you like an online store, subscribe to their email distribution list. You will probably receive some coupons and information about deals in your mailbox. Check these emails regularly to stay up to date with great deals and promotional offers. Most online stores often offer free freight or discounts on certain products.