1. If you're purchasing clothes or shoes online, be careful with all the sizing. Some items typically run smaller or greater than normal. Some shopping sites will advertise if an item runs true to size. If the site doesn't list anything about sizing, glance at the reviews. In most cases, if an item is running larger or smaller, the reviewers will let you know.
2. Sign up for the website's newsletter if they have one. Many times stores will give you a discount or some type of deal when you sign up for their newsletter. Determine if there is a deal associated with registering for the newsletter at any store you need to shop at.
3. Whenever you enjoy the comfort of frequent shopping online, it's extremely important to keep changing the passwords you use for each and every account. Every couple of weeks roughly, make up a new password for your bank as well as the shopping sites directly. Use abstract words, combined with numbers and other odd characters for that strongest passwords.
4. While shopping online, you should be extra careful if you are using your cellphone to purchase online. Using a public Wi-Fi can leave your personal vulnerable to hackers. Try to only use your secured network when shopping online using a cellphone and never utilize a public Wi-Fi hot spot to shop.
5. Make sure that when you make a purchase online, you are aware of if the site is secure or not. You do not want your information being compromised in this day and age. Identity theft is very common, and you also must protect your information at all cost so that you will wish to keep making purchases online.