1. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Lots of the big retailers often have promotions running which are not advertised on their home page. Performing a quick hunt for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
2. If you are shopping online, never give out your Social Security number. There is not any website that really needs this number for you to buy something. If you are being asked for your Social Security number during checkout, you may be on a scam website. Leave this site and locate one that includes a better reputation.
3. If you wish to buy a used product online, learn more about the vendor first. You should visit their profile to check out reviews written by other shoppers who bought products from this seller. Usually do not hesitate to contact the seller to inquire about a few questions regarding the product you are interested in.
4. When you are searching for a spot to buy a specific thing and no results seem to be from familiar retailers, you should be hesitant about entering your data. Look for security signs from Verisign or Cybertrust, so that you know the retailer is not in the market to take your cash.
5. Many online shopping sites offer discounts if you use a "coupon code". These codes can be found online by entering the words "coupon code" along with the manufacturer or name of the website you will be buying from. They may offer a percentage off or free shipping simply by entering in a simple code which can be easily found by investing a few minutes looking for it.