1. Be extra careful when you try to find shopping deals on social media. Although it's a great way to get announcements regarding sales and coupon-codes, social media accounts can easily be impersonated as well as out-right hacked. Get your info on the social media sites, then proceed directly to the main site from the store mentioned to wheel and deal.
2. Sign up for the website's newsletter if they have one. Many times stores will give you a discount or some form of deal once you sign up for their newsletter. Determine whether there is a deal associated with registering for the newsletter at any store you want to shop at.
3. When you are shopping online, make sure that you are only shopping on secure websites. Look in the site URL and it should display "https" rather than the usual "http" at the beginning. Also have an up to date copy of anti-virus running on your computer too. This will ensure that you have a safe online shopping experience.
4. If you're making an online purchase, don't hesitate to contact customer support if you have a matter. By contacting customer service before you make your order, you'll find out how helpful customer support is and just how quickly they respond. This really is useful information to have when something goes wrong after you've made your purchase.
5. Do not forget to comparison shop when you are looking for things online. People usually accomplish this when shopping in physical stores, but they don't think about it on the net. If you choose the first sale you see, there exists a chance you may miss out on a better deal somewhere else.