1. Never give out your Social Security number to an online merchant. This number is not required for placing orders online. Giving an online store your Social Security number can help them use your personal and personal information to steal your identity. To prevent that, if you go on an online store site and find out that as a requirement, usually do not buy anything from them and shop someplace else.
2. Read customer testimonials before you buy anything. People are more than happy to complain about bad service online, so try to find sites and testimonials that are terrible so you know what you're getting into. You need to take bad reviews using a grain of salt, but if you see many, you know you will find a problem.
3. Shop around when shopping online. You might find that prices for certain items can vary greatly from store to store. To be sure you get the best deal, look at various stores to find out their prices, as well as shipping charge. This will allow you to obtain the best deal it is possible to.
4. Be careful when it comes to the online stores that you consider buying from. If the online store is poorly designed, packed with misspellings, and overall fishy, you should take your money elsewhere. These are signs that something might not be right about this store. It's safer to be safe than sorry.
5. If you are looking at purchasing from the seller the very first time, take a moment to carefully examine their past customer reviews. For the most part this provides you with an approximate idea of what type of goods and services you need to expect yourself. Anyone who has been rated lowly time and time again should be given a broad swerve.