1. While shopping online, be sure that the online store offers secure checkout. This will help protect your own personal information from being stolen. To ensure the website is encrypted search for into your web browser's URL box. The site is secured if the website starts with https. This is short for hyper transfer protocol secure.
2. Never give out your Social Security number with an online merchant. This number is not required for placing orders online. Giving an online store your Social Security number can help them use your personal and personal information to steal your identity. To prevent that, if you go on an online store site and discover that as being a requirement, do not buy everything from them and shop someplace else.
3. Before shopping from a store that is unfamiliar with you, find out what the store's reputation is similar to. You can usually do an online search and find out what others think of the business. It is best to accomplish this so you may not find out the tough way and lose your cash.
4. When getting things shipped to your home that you bought online, know your consumer rights regarding time tables and condition of merchandise. You have a right to receive items according to the terms stated when you ordered them and reasonable expectations of goods being undamaged. Check with the BBB for exact specifics and get what's coming to you fairly!
5. When you enjoy the convenience of frequent online shopping, it's extremely important to keep changing the passwords you use for each account. Every couple of weeks roughly, make up a brand new password for your bank and also the shopping sites directly. Use abstract words, combined with numbers and other odd characters for your strongest passwords.