1. When you are shopping online, you should only shop at reputable stores. If the store does not have a good reputation, you may be asking for trouble. Some individuals have had their credit card and private information stolen from shopping on under reputable websites. Be careful and protect your private information.
2. Learn more about the payment methods provided by the online store you are interested in. Most stores provide you with the option to pay with a credit card or with PayPal. Credit cards is a safe option only when the store has a secure server. If you do not see any information regarding safety, it is best to go through an alternative store.
3. If you want to buy books online, you'll obtain a better deal if you get them used. Depending on the condition you get them in, you may just end up paying a few cents plus shipping. Make sure you read through the description of the book to see if there are any damages you should be aware of.
4. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Most of the big retailers often have promotions running which are not advertised on the home page. Carrying out a quick search for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
5. When getting things shipped to your home which you bought online, know your consumer rights regarding time tables and condition of merchandise. You have a directly to receive items according to the terms stated once you ordered them and reasonable expectations of goods being undamaged. Check with the BBB for exact specifics and obtain what's coming to you fairly!