1. If you are looking at purchasing from a seller the very first time, take a moment to carefully examine their past customer reviews. As a general rule this provides you with an approximate idea of what type of goods and services you should expect yourself. Anyone who has been rated lowly time and time again ought to be given a broad swerve.
2. When you are shopping on the web, make sure that you are only shopping on secure websites. Look in the website URL plus it should display "https" instead of the usual "http" at the beginning. Always have an updated copy of anti-virus running on your computer as well. This will ensure that you have a safe online shopping experience.
3. Be careful in regards to the online stores that you consider buying from. If the web store is poorly designed, filled with misspellings, and overall fishy, you should take your money elsewhere. These are signs that something might not be right about this store. It's preferable to be safe than sorry.
4. Sign up for your chosen online stores' newsletters. Often online stores sends out daily, weekly or monthly newsletters with special sales, discounts and deals. If you like to save money, you could possibly score some great deals on items you were going to purchase anyway.
5. A great tip to keep in mind when you're thinking about internet shopping is to ensure the site is legit. You don't desire to be giving your credit card information away to somebody that could potentially scam you. Always look at the site to tell if it's professional and safe for use.