1. Read customer testimonials before you buy anything. People are more than pleased to complain about bad service online, so search for sites and testimonials which can be terrible so that you know what you're getting into. You should take bad reviews having a grain of salt, but if you see many, you know you will find a problem.
2. Be wary of overdoing it. It is much easier to overspend when you are shopping online. You start to rationalize that you can spend more for those shoes because you saved money on gas and the food you would have gotten if you went to the mall, for instance. Give yourself a restriction and stick to it.
3. When shopping online, most places only accept debit or credit cards. Take this into account when you are choosing a site to shop from. In the event you don't feel comfortable providing the company with your credit card information, try to look for another site. Try to find a website that offers a safe and secure page when you're adding your credit card information.
4. Online shopping is a terrific way to save money as you can look around so easily. If you're looking to save as much money as possible, remember to check out any deals the online store may offer. Most stores offer some from of sale or deal frequently, so you should be able to find a great deal that may help you save a lot more money.
5. If you want to buy books online, you'll get a better deal if you get them used. Depending on the condition you receive them in, you may just end up paying a few cents plus shipping. Make sure you read the description of the book to see if you can find any damages you should be aware of.