1. If you're purchasing clothes or shoes online, be careful with all the sizing. Some items typically run smaller or greater than normal. Some shopping sites will advertise if an item runs true to size. If the site doesn't list anything about sizing, glance at the reviews. In most cases, if the item is running larger or smaller, the reviewers will let you know.
2. A great tip to keep in mind when you're thinking about shopping online is to ensure the site is legit. You don't wish to be giving your credit card information away to someone who could potentially scam you. Always look at the site to tell if it's professional and safe for use.
3. A reputable online seller needs to have a history that is recorded with the Better Business Bureau. Check with the BBB prior to deciding to part with your hard earned money to see if there have been any major or continual complaints lodged against them. You don't wish to be spending your money using a company that fails to provide.
4. Before shopping from a store that is new to you, discover what the store's reputation is like. You can usually do an online search and discover what others think of the business. It is best to do this so you may not find out the difficult way and lose your hard earned money.
5. Look for the right times to shop online. Often the stores that you frequent will have online sales that follow a time pattern. Many, for instance, schedule sales for the beginning of the month or at the end. If you see there's a pattern, hold off on buying anything until the upcoming sales period begins.