1. A great way to stay safe when shopping online is in order to avoid clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email from the company, visit the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails seeking personal information or account information.
2. Before buying from the new online retailer, do some research on them. Check online reviews from other customers to see the way it handles stuff like customer service, shipping, and its overall buying experience. You can also look at the BBB to see if it has any disputes and whether those disputes were resolved professionally. Try contacting the company via email and phone number, if it's posted to ask questions about its business before you buy anything.
3. If you are looking at purchasing coming from a seller for the first time, take a moment to carefully examine their past customer reviews. For the most part this provides you with an approximate idea of what sort of goods and services you need to expect yourself. Anyone who has been rated lowly time and time again ought to be given a wide swerve.
4. If you want to buy books online, you'll obtain a better deal if you get them used. Based on the condition you receive them in, you may just end up paying a few cents plus shipping. Make sure you go through the description of the book to see if you can find any damages you should be aware of.
5. Look for the right times to shop online. Often the stores that you frequent will have online sales that follow a time pattern. Many, for instance, schedule sales for the beginning of the month or at the end. If you notice there's a pattern, hold off on buying anything until the upcoming sales period begins.