1. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Lots of the big retailers often have promotions running which are not advertised on their own home page. Carrying out a quick look for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
2. If you want to buy a used product online, learn more about the seller first. You need to visit their profile and look for reviews published by other shoppers who bought products using this seller. Tend not to hesitate to make contact with the seller to inquire about a few questions about the product you are interested in.
3. Make it a habit to register for price alerts. This goes even for purchases that you've recently made. Price alerts will let you know each time a product has dropped to a price you like. And if you've recently purchased at full price, you are able to ask for a price adjustment to fulfill the new deal.
4. If you are shopping online, never give out your Social Security number. There is absolutely no website that needs this number for you to buy something. If you are being asked for your Social Security number during checkout, you may be on a scam website. Leave this site and locate one which has a better reputation.
5. Search for coupons before purchasing a product online. Most online stores always have some promotional offers going on. If you do not find any details about current offers on the site from the online store, look on other sites. Customers sometimes share their coupon codes on discussion boards or couponning blogs.