1. Shopping online is a great way to save money because you can check around so easily. If you're looking to save as much money as possible, remember to check out any deals the online store may offer. Most stores offer some from of sale or deal frequently, so you should be able to find a great deal that will help you save even more money.
2. If you're purchasing clothes or shoes online, be careful using the sizing. Some items typically run smaller or bigger than normal. Some shopping sites will advertise if an item runs true to size. If the site doesn't list anything about sizing, glance at the reviews. In most cases, if an item is running larger or smaller, the reviewers will let you know.
3. Be skeptical of overdoing it. It is much easier to overspend when you find yourself shopping online. You start to rationalize that you can spend more for those shoes because you saved money on gas and the food you would have gotten should you went to the mall, for example. Give yourself a limit and stick to it.
4. Call the online company before you make a purchase. If you have some kind of downside to your purchase, you want so that you can know that you could reach customer support easily. That's why it's a good idea to call before you provide them with your credit card information. Should you can't get anyone on the telephone, steer clear.
5. If you feel you will be making a lot of online purchases in the future, consider applying for a separate charge card to use simply for these transactions. It is much easier to track all transactions when they are the only items listed with this card's transaction records. Additionally, you don't need to worry regarding your own funds being compromised, even temporarily, if you are a victim of fraud.