1. Never give out your Social Security number for an online merchant. This number is not required for placing orders online. Giving an online store your Social Security number can help them use your personal and private information to steal your identity. To prevent that, if you go on an online store site and see that as being a requirement, tend not to buy anything from them and shop someplace else.
2. Before buying from the new online retailer, perform some research on them. Check online reviews from other customers to see how it handles items like customer service, shipping, and its overall buying experience. You can also look into the BBB to find out if it has any disputes and whether those disputes were resolved professionally. Try contacting the company via email and phone number, if it's posted to ask questions on its business before you buy anything.
3. If you're making an online purchase, don't hesitate to contact customer care if you have a question. By contacting customer service prior to making your order, you'll find out how helpful customer care is and just how quickly they respond. This is useful information to have in the event that something goes wrong after you've made your purchase.
4. Online shopping is a terrific way to save money as you can check around so easily. If you're looking to save as much money as possible, remember to check out any deals that this online store may offer. Most stores offer some from of sale or deal frequently, so you should be able to find a great deal that will help you save much more money.
5. When you're shopping online you have to be sure you know who you're buying from. If you're buying upon an online auction site, only purchase from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see when they are a reputable company by trying to find reviews to them online.